Chelsea told £70m+ could seal brentford striker’s deal on January.
According to Football Insider’s sources, Brentford may try to get more than £70 million for striker Ivan Toney during the January transfer window in response to interest shown by Chelsea.
It is believed that the Bees would be unwilling to lose the striker in the middle of the season because there is little chance of obtaining an effective replacement.
After being banned from participating in any football-related activity in May, Toney, now 27, will be allowed to resume training with Brentford on September 17.
He won’t be able to play again until the 17th of January.
It is anticipated that Chelsea will have competition from other clubs for the striker’s signature during the winter transfer window, despite the striker’s layoff.
Last month (on the 27th), it was reported by Football Insider that Tottenham are also showing a significant amount of interest in the suspended Brentford striker.
According to the information provided by our sources, there was absolutely no possibility of Toney transferring during the summer window while the prohibition was still in effect.
Toney is an obvious candidate to fill this role for Mauricio Pochettino’s team, which is looking to add a player who can score goals at a higher rate.
Last year, the England international scored 21 goals and added five assists across all competitions, totaling 35 games played. This included a career-high 20 goals scored in the Premier League, which was his primary league of play.
Toney, who reportedly brings in just 20,000 pounds a week, will be free of his current contract in June of 2025.
Additionally, he was able to score 14 goals and provide six assists across all competitions during his debut season in the premier league in 2021–2022.
The attacker also boasts an impressive penalty record, having successfully converted 29 of his career penalty kicks and failing to score from 12 yards out only twice.
In related news, Chelsea thwarted Wolves’ attempts to sign a French sensation.
Chelsea told £70m+ could seal Brentford striker’s deal on January.