Jamie Carragher’s Liverpool transfer prediction amid ‘impressive’ growth.
Jamie Carragher, a former defender for Liverpool, feels that the club will be making additional signings in the near future, with the prospect of three more players joining the team after Alexis Mac Allister’s arrival.
The Argentina international was brought in from Brighton & Hove Albion to Anfield for a transfer fee that has not been announced but is speculated to be in the neighborhood of £35 million. This move made him Liverpool’s first signing of the summer.
After the exits of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, James Milner, and Naby Keita – who was revealed as a new recruit for Werder Bremen this week – his move is a part of the restructuring that is taking place in the midfield on Merseyside.
The number of names that are being discussed in connection with potential transfers to the Reds continues to grow.
Over the past few weeks, names like OGC Nice’s Khephren Thuram and Borussia Monchengladbach’s Manu Kone have been bandied about as potential additions to the engine room. More recently, the name of Bayern Munich defender Benjamin Pavard has been brought up as a possible target.
Carragher is of the opinion that the work should not be finished at this point. When questioned by Sky Sports, he stated that they require at least one more player in the midfield position.
I believe that Liverpool will end up adding another two players to their midfield, and I also believe that they will require the services of a defender. It’s not clear whether that defender will play in the middle or on the outside.
“There’s a lot of talk about whether Liverpool will keep the system that they finished with, and I think that’s really interesting, but I think they’ll get another three players in, a defender and two midfield players.”
When asked about the new number 10 for Liverpool, he commented, “Well, he’s certainly a good player, but whether he ends up being a good signing, we’ll see when the season starts,” It seems as though he is capable of playing any position in the midfield, which is beneficial to Liverpool. It seems that he has a lot of potential.
“Brighton are a fantastic team; but, players who have moved on from Brighton and played for other teams have not been able to repeat the form they showed with Brighton.
This season, De Zerbi has been playing exceptionally well; one possible explanation for this is because Brighton plays an unconventional system. That would be something to look into and consider.
- Arsenal make ‘touch’ with key Chelsea target as £50m price-tag smashed on midfielder also appreciated by Man Utd.
- Arsenal and Mikel Arteta given excellent updates as UEFA confirm Champions League decision.
- Arsenal star rules out January transfer leave despite Mikel Arteta’s clear note.
- Erik ten Hag proves ‘clause’ in Man Utd player’s deal that will let him exit in January.
- Pochettino must release Chelsea’s “frightening” £100k-p/w star
- Ange Postecoglou stated what Tottenham star did in Wolves loss after significant team changes
- Mikel Arteta subjects a clear report on Martin Odegaard, Ben White injuries
- Leandro Trossard “peaks” as Arsenal startled to life by Burnley.
- Arsenal star’s January move could be in trouble after injury blow
- Arsenal superstar who was “everywhere” vs Burnley was better than Trossard
- Chelsea star can save them millions on key January move with privileged Pep Guardiola mentality
For a player who is only 24 years old, has won the World Cup, and has experience playing in the Premier League, the transfer fee of £35 million is an incredible bargain. “A great signing considering the price.”
Jamie Carragher’s Liverpool transfer prediction amid ‘impressive’ growth