Man United joins the race of hunting Leicestar City star
Youri Tielemans is being monitored by Manchester United as Erik ten Hag seeks to bolster his midfield for the upcoming season.
After Christian Eriksen’s injury in January, the Red Devils labored without him and could use another playmaker.
Next season, Manchester United will seek to compete on multiple fronts, and such a player would enable Erik ten Hag to rotate and reduce fatigue.
As a fine passer of the ball with a high technical level, Tielemans could suit the bill, and according to Rudy Galetti, Manchester United are among the clubs interested in signing the Belgian.
The journalist told GiveMeSport, “It’s clear that Arsenal is always interested in Tielemans.”
Even if we can no longer consider them to be prioritizing the race for the Leicester player at the present.
“Manchester United, Newcastle United, and Borussia Dortmund are keeping a close eye on the midfielder, and the German club can likely guarantee more playing time with the sale of Bellingham in June.”
Tielemans will have a multitude of offers to choose from due to the intense competition for his signature, but it is uncertain whether or not Manchester United will be willing to offer the Belgium international better terms than the other interested parties.
The only role Tielemans could realistically play in Ten Hag’s lineup is that of Eriksen’s replacement, which is hardly an attractive position for a 26-year-old with international ambitions.
His performances for relegation-threatened Leicester this season could also be interpreted as a warning sign.
Youri Tielemans has never been the most positionally aware or energetic midfielder, but his concentration lapses and lack of determination have contributed to Leicester City’s stunning demise this season.
Even though the player is available for a free transfer, Manchester United may be better off searching elsewhere.
Imagine an FA Cup Final program that is entirely online.
- Arsenal make ‘touch’ with key Chelsea target as £50m price-tag smashed on midfielder also appreciated by Man Utd.
- Arsenal and Mikel Arteta given excellent updates as UEFA confirm Champions League decision.
- Arsenal star rules out January transfer leave despite Mikel Arteta’s clear note.
- Erik ten Hag proves ‘clause’ in Man Utd player’s deal that will let him exit in January.
- Pochettino must release Chelsea’s “frightening” £100k-p/w star
- Ange Postecoglou stated what Tottenham star did in Wolves loss after significant team changes
- Mikel Arteta subjects a clear report on Martin Odegaard, Ben White injuries
- Leandro Trossard “peaks” as Arsenal startled to life by Burnley.
- Arsenal star’s January move could be in trouble after injury blow
- Arsenal superstar who was “everywhere” vs Burnley was better than Trossard
- Chelsea star can save them millions on key January move with privileged Pep Guardiola mentality
United Matchday Magazine’s special FA Cup final edition is available for perusing on your device with just a few clicks. Meet the teams, tactical preview, opinion, debate, transfer news, quizzes, and much more! Now available for only £3/$3.75
Man United joins the race of hunting Leicester City star