Man Utd: Fabrizio Romano gives takeover update at Old Trafford

Man Utd: Fabrizio Romano gives takeover update at Old Trafford

Despite claims from Qatar, Manchester United have made no progress on a potential takeover of Old Trafford, Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano revealed exclusively to GIVEMESPORT.

The Glazers put the Red Devils up for sale in November, and they have received multiple proposals as they consider their future in Manchester.
Recent Man Utd takeover news
Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani was rumored to have won the tendering process to acquire full ownership of Manchester United, despite competition from INEOS chairman Sir Jim Ratcliffe, according to reports from Qatar (via The Express) published earlier this week.

Al Watan reported that an announcement regarding the acquisition could be forthcoming, and editorial director Fahed Al Emadi later confirmed the news.

However, he clarified his remarks by stating, “Al Watan’s yesterday’s media report speculating about possible movement in the Manchester United takeover process was based on international media reports.”

Ben Jacobs, a reporter for CBS, recently suggested to GIVEMESPORT that Jassim’s latest offer sounds “very appealing” as he attempts to win the club-buying competition.

In the meantime, Ratcliffe’s offer for the Old Trafford club reportedly involves six members of the Glazer family, which could tilt the balance in his favor.
Romano asserts that the sale of Manchester United has not changed, despite the saga dragging into the summer transfer window.

What has Romano said regarding Manchester United?
Tuesday afternoon, when queried about the latest takeover situation at Manchester United, Romano told GIVEMESPORT, “Nothing has changed.” Fans of Manchester United, I’m truly regretful, but we cannot control that. The current reality is that nothing has changed. It depends on the Glazers.”

Is Man United’s merger a cause for concern?
No one is more concerned about the lack of progress on a takeover than Manchester United head coach Erik ten Hag, who had intended to receive support in the summer transfer window in preparation for next season’s Premier League title challenge.

This season, the Dutchman won the Red Devils’ first trophy since 2017 after defeating Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup Final in February. However, he was defeated in the FA Cup Final by local rivals Manchester City, losing 2-1.
Having secured a place in the Premier League’s top four, ten Hag’s squad will seek to make their mark in Europe’s premier club competition next season when Champions League football returns to Old Trafford following a one-year absence.

RELATED POSTS:

However, with the club’s takeover status in limbo, financing for the summer transfer market is at best uncertain, as Red Devils fans call for the Glazers to sell the club immediately.

Man Utd: Fabrizio Romano gives takeover update at Old Trafford